[USML Announce] A Baseball Story

Andrew R. Klein anrklein at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 08:50:44 EDT 2008

As some of you know, I spent last week with my younger son, Jason, at
the Cooperstown Dreams Park baseball tournament. I am an assistant coach
for Jason?s team and spent the week in the ?barracks?. Diane and my
older son, Tim, stayed at a B&B in town.

Our tournament ended just before Induction Weekend in Cooperstown. So,
as we were leaving, all the Hall of Famers and dignitaries were
arriving. At breakfast yesterday, the B&B proprietor told us that a
lawyer for one of the old players was at our place. When I asked which
player, she responded, ?Fergie ? or something like that.?

Later, my boys found the lawyer, and pigeonholed him. After some
conversation, he said, ?Wait here. I?ll fix you up.?

A few minutes later, Fergie Jenkins arrived at the B&B to hang out with
us. He was incredibly nice to the boys and even indulged me in some
conversation about the ?69 Cubs. We left with a few great photos (one is
attached) and two signed baseballs!

Too bad I can?t put a FAAB bid in on Fergie. He might help my roto
pitching staff ?