[USML Announce] USML Draft and Deadlines

Bbuddhas at aol.com Bbuddhas at aol.com
Mon Feb 16 15:58:43 EST 2009

not a sport    but you can celebrate successes outside of  sports as well

In a message dated 2/16/2009 9:36:40 A.M. Central Standard Time,
springkerb at aol.com writes:

Oh--one  other thing.  Jazzy is now officially on the US Junior National team
(see  below).  Her first international competition is in Calais, France in
March.  Rhythmic Gymnastics may not be a real sport in Buddha's world,  but
it's going to be a heck of a nice opportunity for Jazzy.

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo., Feb. 16, 2009 ? Rachel Marmer of Los
Angeles/Eurogymnastics and Rebecca Sereda of Staten Island, N.Y./Isadora, won  the senior
and junior all-around, respectively, at the 2009 Rhythmic Challenge  on Feb. 15
at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo.
In the senior division, Marmer posted a score of 89.108, followed by Ava
Gehringer of Evanston, Ill./North Shore Rhythmic, in second with an 84.892 and
Julie Zetlin of Bethesda, Md./Rhythmflex, in third with an 81.283.
Sereda posted an 82.825 to win the junior all-around. Jazzy  Kerber of
Highland Park, Ill./North Shore Rhythmic, and Polina  Kozitsky of Fountainville,
Pa./Philadelphia Rhythmic Academy, finished second  and third, respectively, with
scores of 78.425 and 78.008.
Eleven seniors and six juniors participated in the Rhythmic Challenge,  which
was the first national competition of 2009 and the first round of  selection
for this year?s international assignments. The seniors competed in  rope,
hoop, ball and ribbon, while the juniors competed in rope, hoop, ball  and clubs.
The Rhythmic Invitational, a competition for Levels 7-10, was held Feb.
12-14 in conjunction with the20Rhythmic Challenge. Full results from both
competitions are posted on www.usa-gymnastics.org.