[USML Announce] For Brad's Eyes Only

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Wed Jun 17 16:53:12 EDT 2009

Comrade Jansen:

  I actually was quite stunned when you agreed to part with certain all-stars like George Kottaras, age 26, he of the .237 batting average and whose next home run will be his first this year.  But I am going to have to call you on your attempt to brand your trilogy of A-ballers as "5-star minor leaguers" (5 out of how many stars?)  The difference between Price/Wieters and your Holy Trinity is that PW are up in the majors now.  Even if they struggle a bit early on this year, I am sure their new owners are counting on production in 2010 (when, by the way, I fully expect you will be competing for a title), not 2009.  The Trinity may not even be up next year, so no production will come for quite some time.  So please, next time, come to our e-mail exchange with a better argument.

  As for your continued efforts to deride my barrel of remaining keepers, you should know better.  Astute owners have surely observed that my team is loaded with many prized gems beyond Joba, like Juan Rivera (9-33-.317, salary 6), Luke Scott (14-36-.315 !!! salary 8), Josh Outman, Clayton Richard, and many others who could fit quite nicely on a team playing for next year.

  I continue to wait for you to really dis-assemble your team, as promised.

  -- Mark B.

________________________________

	From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf Of Brad Jansen
	Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 4:24 PM
	To: USML Announcements
	Subject: [USML Announce] Blockopussy

	Brother Mark:
	  I already have dis-assembled my team this year, albeit in a fruitless quest to win this year, and not next. Unlike your trades of the high risk-low reward David "Watch My WHIP" Price and Matt "Where's My Bat" Wieters, the Rips have parted ways with actual, breathing talent such as Evan Longoria, Rick Porcello, George Kottoras, et al., plus 5-star minor leaguers like Lars Anderson, Tyler Flowers and Nick Weglarz.
	  Now if your team had anything of value to trade, perhaps I would consider a dump deal to you, but what with your pending move of the over hyped Joba Chamberlain to the K-9, there's really not much left, unless one considers your oft-injured pitchers Francisco and/or Morrow. And to those I say no thanks.
	  But seriously, with a 15-point lead, you have no need to trade, and nothing and no one to worry about, especially me. Quit hectoring the Rips and enjoy your championship run.

	--Brother Brad