[USML Announce] USML - FAAB and other issues

Mark Blocker mbblocker at aol.com
Thu Mar 26 19:58:19 EDT 2009

League:

  A few notes about website issues that have been raised.

1.  FAAB:  We are really returning to the old TQ Stats system, so if you can
think back a year, that is how bidding will work.  But by way of refresher
course, here goes.  First, you will make bids on the system.  If you want to
make contingent bids, you do so by making multiple bids with the same player
waived.  Second, bids must be submitted by midnight on Saturday night.  The
system will process the bids and player will automatically show up on your
roster overnight.  It will be up to you to make conforming roster
adjustments on Sunday morning.  NOTE:  For the first few weeks, owners will
be required to send e-mails with all of their FAAB bids to usmltrans, just
in case the system is not working right.

2.  Roster moves:   You make all roster moves yourself.  The deadline for
submitting roster moves is noon Sunday.

3.  Standings:  I have no idea why the website is showing standings that
change from day to day.  I think it is based on spring training stats, but I
will check.  I believe these will be re-set to zero when the season starts.

4.  Player eligibility:  When the season starts, the website should begin to
use our pre-set position eligibility rules.  I suspect it shows lots of
different position eligibility now because we have not yet finalized our
settings.

5.  E-bay bidding:  We have been told e-bay bidding will be operational, but
so far the settings do not permit it.

  E-mail any other questions you have.