[USML Announce] Manny Being Barry

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Thu May 7 13:52:25 EDT 2009

Upon further reflection.....Was MLB dumb to enact its current drug policy?
Will it end up killing its own business by suspending high-profile guys like
Ramirez (and praying that Pujols never gets caught)?  Would it have been
better off with a touch of sanctimony and nothing more, and letting players
take whatever they want as they did before?  And why is it that baseball as
a sport gets singled out for steroid "abuse" and not football (or women's
gymnastics for that matter)?  I don't get it.   But if Manny really took a
sexual performance enhancer, wow, that was one expensive ride.

And an aside to Mark Blocker: now you must resort to leaving mocking phone
messages?  How much more must I concede to you?  What's next--a beheaded
Johnny Damon action figure on my pillow?

--Brad The Befuddled