[USML Announce] The Moment We've All Been Waiting For

jhwinick at aol.com jhwinick at aol.com
Wed May 27 12:32:51 EDT 2009

Gentlemen,

Set your TIVO's, VCR's or whatever other recording devices are available to you.? In a mere two days, Mr. Matthew Wieters will make his major league debut.? Other than Brad Lee, I doubt any of us are?old enough to remember?Johnny Bench's debut in 1967.? Perhaps you recall Carlton Fisk's debut in 1969 or Gary Carter's debut in 1974.? Certainly you recall Mike Piazza's debut in 1992.? Well, its been 35 years since the last Hall of Fame catcher made his debut and 17 years since the last likely Hall of Fame catcher made his debut......until Friday.???When inducted (and assuming Mike Piazza is elected), Mr. Wieters will become only?the 15th catcher in the Hall of Fame.? The fact that you witnessed his debut?is something you'll want to be able to tell your grandchildren that you witnessed.??

That is all.

TOeFuKi