[USML Announce] Block of Darkness

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Fri May 29 09:32:28 EDT 2009

Mark:
   Again, I am baffled by your unprovoked attacks.  I dare say you cannot
cite a single email I penned in which I touted a Riptorns' prospect
(although I recall that in some delusional rage you claimed a note about
Corky Miller amounted to some invitation for bid).  What do I care what
teams may know about my roster; it's public. They can see what I have, and
what I don't.
   Your anxiety and paranoia are beginning to frighten me.  Look, I know it
so happens that I seem to have earned a shot at second or third while
acquiring keepers or players I like such as Kubel, Salty and C.C. (sounds
like an old puppet show on WGN, doesn't it?), but that should not give you
cause to just randomly fire off your salvos like that crazed Korean
dictator.  Mark, please, if you want to win, then *I *want you to win,
okay?  If that's important to you, so be it.  But I ask you: Have you
seriously considered what capturing first place actually means? A couple
half-hearted congratulatory emails that nobody reads and a perfunctory
compliment on draft day while everyone else is stuffing his face with a
pastry (or, in Rick's case, a healthy snack).  If that means something to
you, have at it.
   But, Mark, I am not your enemy. No, your enemies are guys like Jeff and
Rich, guys that will sweet talk you into trading away talent like Price and
Wieters, players you could have kept on your roster to enjoy for years, and
for what--a chance for some brief and fleeting moment to bask in some
earthly glory called first place?  And if you *do* say "Yes, Brad Lee, it
really really is worth it," then I will accept that and respect your
position...but in turn all I ask of you is that you stop treating me like a
punching bag.  I'm human.  And I hurt.
Regards,
Brad