[USML Announce] Block of Darkness

Bbuddhas at aol.com Bbuddhas at aol.com
Fri May 29 09:56:54 EDT 2009

Wait....Brad's human???

In a message dated 5/29/2009 9:32:52 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
bljansen at gmail.com writes:

Mark:
   Again, I am baffled by your unprovoked attacks.  I dare  say you cannot
cite a single email I penned in which I touted a Riptorns'  prospect
(although I recall that in some delusional rage you claimed a note  about Corky
Miller amounted to some invitation for bid).  What do I care  what teams may
know about my roster; it's public. They can see what  I have, and what I
don't.
   Your anxiety and paranoia are beginning to frighten  me.  Look, I know
it so happens that I seem to have earned a shot at  second or third while
acquiring keepers or players I like such as Kubel,  Salty and C.C. (sounds like
an old puppet show on WGN, doesn't it?), but  that should not give you
cause to just randomly fire off your salvos  like that crazed Korean dictator.
Mark, please, if you want to win, then  I want you to win, okay?  If that's
important to you, so be  it.  But I ask you: Have you seriously considered
what capturing first  place actually means? A couple half-hearted
congratulatory emails that nobody  reads and a perfunctory compliment on draft day
while everyone else is  stuffing his face with a pastry (or, in Rick's case, a
healthy snack).   If that means something to you, have at it.
   But, Mark, I am not your enemy. No, your enemies are  guys like Jeff and
Rich, guys that will sweet talk you into trading away  talent like Price
and Wieters, players you could have kept on your roster to  enjoy for years,
and for what--a chance for some brief and fleeting moment to  bask in some
earthly glory called first place?  And if you  do say "Yes, Brad Lee, it
really really is worth it," then I  will accept that and respect your
position...but in turn all I ask of you  is that you stop treating me like a  punching
bag.  I'm  human.  And I hurt.
Regards,
Brad

Jeff and others:

   I, for one, am quite excited for the Wieters Debut.  While he is
unfortunately no longer on my roster, I am very interested to see how he  does
once he is up with the big club, and not just abusing minor league  pitching.
My other former "prospect" David Price is already up and  looks sizzling;
enjoy, Rich.  The league should take note that these  high quality prospects
emanated from the Bombers roster, not the Riptorns,  for as Jeff quite
correctly notes, Brad is almost never right about  prospects.  As Mr. T would have
said, I "pity the fool" who takes some  of Brad's meager prospects once
June 1 rolls around.  Brad may be  walking down the Path of Truth, but he ain't
walkin down it with any good  prospects in tow.  Buyer Beware.

announce  mailing  list
announce at usml.net

**************Discover the variety of Bisquick? mix. Get Recipes & Savings
Now.
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222831871x1201491818/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215225813%3B37274670%3Be%3Fhttp:%2F%2
Frecipes.bisquick.bettycrocker.com%3FESRC%3D971)