[USML Announce] Hey "Chicken Little" Blocker

Mark Blocker mbblocker at aol.com
Sun Sep 27 07:23:18 EDT 2009

Things are definitely looking up for the Bombers.  Last Sunday I was sitting
in huge packs in HRs, wins, and saves, all of which had the potential to
push me down below Doug in the standings.  But thanks to a huge week (15 HRs
and 7 wins), and especially the end of the week (5 HRs last night), its
going to be tough for the defending champ to catch me now (although the
saves points are all gone - thank you very little Bobby Jenks).  Having not
won since 1993, though, I will still be vigilantly checking the live
standings this week to make sure this thing is secure..

If I can change the subject, though, there was a truly awesome performance
in USML last week and it largely went un-noticed.  Did anyone see that the
Nukes posted 21 steals this week?  I cannot remember any team ever posting
that many steals in a week.  That's a 500 steals/season pace.  Nice going,
Kerbs.

  -- Mark B.

  _____