[USML Announce] Willie, Don't Be A Hero: But Rips Forced To Count On Versatile Sparkplug

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 18:42:37 EDT 2010

If there was one glimmer of good news for the Riptorns this Opening Night,
it was the word out of Royals camp that at long last the team recognized
that its best option at third base is Willie Bloomquist (Rips-4/Y1).  "No
surprise the team gave up on that overhyped bust Alex Gordon," intoned
brilliant roto god and 2010 USML champ Jeffrey Winick.  "And I am extremely
delighted that my dear friend Brad Lee got the news about Willie getting the
nod at the hot corner. My projections have him stealing 40 bases and
clubbing between 30 to 35 home runs. With Coco Crisp on the DL and Jack Cust
designated for assignment, the Rips needed someone to step up and pick up
the slack. Of course it's Willie. This move gives the Rips hope that they
will finish 5th or 6th this year. I am confident that team will reach its
goal."

A few minutes until the first pitch of the 2010 season. How appropriate it
falls on Easter. Praise the Lord and pass the peanuts. I'm ready for some
baseball.