[USML Announce] (no subject)

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Fri Aug 13 16:38:06 EDT 2010

Mark, I pointed to 3.1, which says an active roster ?shall? consist of the following players, and then lists what it must have.  What do you say about that provision?

If your answer is we have deviated in the past, that may be true (I don?t recall), but section 3.4 hardly makes your point ?clear.?

It seems like what you are really saying is that we have deviated from 3.1 in the past.

Others can weigh in.

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf Of springkerb at aol.com
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2010 4:25 PM
To: announce at usml.net
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] (no subject)

I think section 3.4 is pretty clear.  No over-representation at a position and no extras on the reserve roster.  Notice it does not say that you can't be under-represented at a position.

In fact, I did this once before, a few years ago, and we had the same discussion then.  We decided it's allowed.  (If I recall correctly, we then amended the constitution expressly not to allow it, and later changed the language back to what it previously said, at the same time we instituted the salary floor and ceiling.)