[USML Announce] USML - Draft day

Mark Blocker mbblocker at aol.com
Sun Feb 21 22:33:18 EST 2010

League:

  I am finally back in the USA, and happy to tell anyone who is interested
about my recent climbing trip.  However, in my absence, it does not appear
that we have made much (any?) progress on choosing a draft date.  This is a
league that has existed for over 20 years.  During the last decade or so, we
have had stable ownership, and our rules have evolved to the point that I
think we have eliminated many of the thorny issues we once faced.  It would
be a shame to let all of the years of work to get to this point go to waste
simply because we cannot find a draft date.

  According to my somewhat dated notes, virtually all of us could make an
evening draft on March 17 or 18.  Buddha, you may have been the one person
who could not.  Would it be possible for you to at least be available by
phone on one of those nights?  If so, I would be inclined to lock in one of
those dates.  I know this is not ideal, but we really need to lock this
down.

  I'd appreciate if everyone could respond quickly to confirm that one of
those dates could work.  I know we are all very busy, but lets make this
happen.

-          Mark B.

P.S.  Happy Birthday to Mark Kerber.  My calendar says his birthday is
tomorrow, correct?