[USML Announce] Rips Slip Sliding Away

Richard Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Sun Apr 17 12:26:58 EDT 2011

I look forward to getting my team off the DL.

-----Original Message-----
From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf
Of Brad Jansen
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2011 11:11 AM
To: USML Announcements
Subject: [USML Announce] Rips Slip Sliding Away

Dear League Brethren:
  Well, I see my team's tenuous hold on third place has lost its grasp. Who
knows how far the Rips will fall....
  Frankly, I am surprised it lasted this long.  As dominant as my bullpen
is, my active roster's sorry collection of bench/part-time players simply
cannot amass enough ABs to accumulate anywhere near the necessary numbers to
compete with the likes of the K-9, the LMC, the Nukes, the Red Hots, etc.
  So what does this mean? Don't think for a moment I'm dumping. I already
have plenty of keepers...not that I wouldn't mind upgrading them.  But I
will consider what I call high risk-high reward trades that may help my
offense, whether this season or next.
  Meanwhile, I shall continue posting comments about important player news
and editorializing about the K-9. Why the K-9? Because any team in first,
even it's simply a  placeholder for the Red Hots, wears a bulls eye and
carries the weight of public scrutiny. And all I'll say at this time is
this: Professor Klein, I hope you have learned your lessons, and get some
pitching, quickly.
  That's not all.
Brother Brad