[USML Announce] Congratulations to Nukes

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Tue Dec 20 11:04:10 EST 2011

The Pack is 13-1, and lost for the first time in a year.  So I guess we can bank on seeing annual messages from Jeff about the Packers single loss.  I am still not sure I see why this is a good subject for Jeff, given what an off year this has turned out to be for the Bears.  Of course, the obvious excuse is that they had a couple of injuries, but last year the Packers had 15 guys on injured reserve, lost their starting RB in the first quarter of the first game, lost their TE, MLB, almost every O-lineman, and then both of their CBs (including Woodson!) in the final game.  But they still won the Super Bowl and then went on to win the first 13 games the following year.  Maybe I have low standards, but I would take that finish/start every year.

Jeff, my suggestion is that you go to Best Buy, pick up a widescreen TV and a comfy couch big enough for 54 people, so you and the rest of the Bears will have enough places to sit and watch the Pack during the playoffs.  Don't let Hanie pass the beer, it will only be intercepted.

  -- Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Winick
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 10:39 PM
To: announce at usml.net
Subject: [USML Announce] Congratulations to Nukes

MLB just announced that the Texas Rangers have won the rights to
negotiate with Yu Darvish.  The good news is that Kerber now has a $5
starting pitcher who won't cost him a dime at the draft table.  The bad
news is that I'll bet Yu hasn't ever experienced the joy of pitching
under the burning Texas sun.  Let's see how he handles the heat.

By the way, did anyone catch the score of the Kansas City/Green Bay
game?  Must have been a blowout.  After Caleb Hanie and the hapless
Bears almost beat them, I can only imagine how ugly this one must have
gotten.  How many sacks for Clay Matthews?  I'll bet he had at least 3
or 4.  I've been told that he's one of, if not the greatest defensive
players in the NFL (and on the short list of greatest defensive players
ever).

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: To comply with certain U.S. Treasury regulations, we inform you
that, unless expressly stated otherwise, any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this
communication, including attachments, was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be
used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed on such
taxpayer by the Internal Revenue Service. In addition, if any such tax advice is used or referred
to by other parties in promoting, marketing or recommending any partnership or other entity,
investment plan or arrangement, then (i) the advice should be construed as written in connection
with the promotion or marketing by others of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed in this
communication and (ii) the taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer's particular
circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
immediately.