[USML Announce] Don't Look In The Basement

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 14:43:39 EDT 2011

Wait. Quiet. What's that noise? Oh, it's just our crazy Grandpa Winick
hitting our basement ceiling with his cane again.

Sorry, Jeffrey, when your message was transmitting last night I was
reviewing the performance of some of my in-season acquisitions: another save
for Nathan, Desmond Jennings' stunning season debut and the Greek God's 1st
3-RBI game in the bigs. I could go on but I know how busy you are; but not
too busy, I'm sure, to admire the accomplishments of so many players on your
team.

I know how excited you must be building next year's squad around a minor
league pitcher with a questionable arm and a guaranteed contract, a catcher
with a .224 BA and a guaranteed contract, a leadoff hitter batting .243 with
108 punch-outs and a sluggiing first baseman carrying a .223
BA---undervalued bargains, all.

So, while you spend your valuable time drafting baseless claims that I
traded my entire team for prospect Mike Moustakas, I have quietly built a
team that includes other in-season pickups such as Adrian Beltre, Jordan
Walden, Zach Britton and your old favorites Nick Swisher and Saltalamacchia,
There's more, but that list is more than enough to fend off the Berliners in
2012, of that I'm quite confident.

Please, Jeffrey, go back to your comfortable recliner and take a nap.  You
scare me when you get so agitated.

--Brad Lee