[USML Announce] Baker Elbows Rips From Competition

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 11:45:14 EDT 2012

*ITEM*

BALTIMORE -- Twins right-hander Scott Baker recorded just one out before
being removed from his rehab outing with Class A Fort Myers on Thursday
night. Baker, who is on the disabled list with right elbow tendinitis, gave
up a single, a double and then induced a popup before he was removed from
the game after just 11 pitches. Baker was scheduled to throw 75 pitches for
the Miracle in Port Charlotte, Fla. "Baker just didn't feel right tonight,"
Twins general manager Terry Ryan said in a statement released by the team.
"He couldn't seem to get loose on the mound, and instead of pushing the
envelope, we decided we would go get him out of the game. We will evaluate
him again tomorrow."

*LOSER*

Dicerolling Rips took high risk, got low reward as cornerstone of their
starting staff *FLAMES OUT.*

*WINNER*

Nukes. Young Twins hurler Hendriks, a brilliant Nukes late rotation round
pick, jumps from sleeper to star as Nukes *ARE ON FIRE.*