[USML Announce] Shandler's Top Prospects

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 12:30:53 EST 2012

Dear Jeffrey:
   Thank you for sharing Shandler's analysis and your own little nuggest of
wisdom.
   Your rainbow-hued chart does little to brighten my darkened spirits. Can
I tell you why? While shopping at the Jewel-Osco I ran across the Sporting
News Baseball Fantasy magazine and took a glance at the dollar values those
editors assigned to the players I traded away this off-season....Beltre the
AL's 2nd best 3B at $29...Swisher at $25....Sergio Santos the AL's premier
closer with value in mid-twenties.....while the guys I got back range from
"sleeper" status (i.e., Viciedo) to minus twenty (Matusz).  Now I learn
that Mike Trout isn't the world's best prospect after all....This has not
been a bright, cheerful day. And now thanks to your document I have to get
a new color ink cartridge as well. Thanks. Thanks for everything.
--Brad Lee