[USML Announce] The Winick Diaries: Draft Day Entries

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 21:28:07 EDT 2012

Editor's Note: The following entries are taken *verbatim *from the diaries
of Jeffrey H. Winick. Based on our best information, they were recorded
shortly after the USML draft:

      I love my team--I know, I know, I say this every spring but this year
I really feel it--I'm light on power, speed and pitching, but so what
Montero and Moore will land any fish I need....Biggest compet'n is the *Mighty
Red Hots*-I'm sure Robbins will use a battery of Morningstar researchers to
analyze his chances against me...claims he is rebuilding but I doubt it--if
he could stand to trade away Hosmer to go for it last year, he certainly
can part with keepers like Britton, Duffy and Dunn; on the other hand, I
know that if I dangle Hosmer, he'll trade me half his team....*Klein Nine *of
no import, what with Klein's fear of pitching and Wieters
envy....*Daddies *concerned
me going into draft, but they did me a huge favor by spending 23 on a 3rd
closer and 5 on Bundy and 14 on Peacock...*Calamari *cause concern with
that pitching staff, but too much age and too many question marks on
offense...*Nukes* showed me they were all in when they traded for Salty,
then dug deep for Reynolds, Rios and Moreland--they won't beat me, but they
sure can bother me....*Riptorns *never know what they're doing, which is my
biggest risk--like No. Korea, I never know when they will launch some bomb
against me--but with so many keepers already on roster, maybe Jansen will
act like a grownup for a change....*Angries* will challenge me until June,
then fade with too few stolen bases and so-so pitching....*Brats *better
hope Cespedes doesn't turn into baseball's highest paid reserve OF, but
with that A's team, who knows anyway--too many injuries already, maybe I
should call about Cabrera...*AFV *should be in market for keepers but how
could I possibly fit either Cano or Pujols under my cap--he will prove
bothersome to me next year that's for sure...*Bombers *better enjoy a few
weeks of Wieters, then move him for keepers.....bottom line: this is my
year. Every year is my year but I really really feel it this year.

Really,
All the best dear diary,
Your buddy,
Jeffrey