[USML Announce] Keith Law on Fantasy Baseball

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Tue Mar 20 11:17:15 EDT 2012

Not a big poker player, Dennis?

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On
Behalf Of Dennis Adams
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:01 AM
To: USML Announcements
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] Keith Law on Fantasy Baseball

Looking forward to both Hosmer and Machado forming the foundation of my
team next year.

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Jeffrey Winick <jhwinick at aol.com>
wrote:

Just to brighten the mood after Brad Lee's unnecessarily dour post about
A-Jax, I thought I'd share Keith Law's answer to the following question:

Q:  Anyone light you up so far this spring?

A:  I think Eric Hosmer ends up on MVP ballots this year. I'm not saying
he's talented, but he can tell you an electron's position AND its
momentum. I also have come around a bit late on Jemile Weeks as a
hitter; if he gives back some average in 2012, he'll retain his value
through more doubles and even double-digit homers. I saw Manny Machado
in a split-squad major league game Sunday and I don't think he's as far
away as I thought a month ago -- and that's referring to his offense and
defense. I'm not advocating this by any means, but if the Baltimore
Orioles decide to push him hard this year, I think he could see the
majors by September. If you're in a deep keeper league, take note.

--
Dennis F. Adams III
Candidate, Juris Doctor 2013

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: To comply with certain U.S. Treasury regulations, we inform you
that, unless expressly stated otherwise, any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this
communication, including attachments, was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be
used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed on such
taxpayer by the Internal Revenue Service. In addition, if any such tax advice is used or referred
to by other parties in promoting, marketing or recommending any partnership or other entity,
investment plan or arrangement, then (i) the advice should be construed as written in connection
with the promotion or marketing by others of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed in this
communication and (ii) the taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer's particular
circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
immediately.