[USML Announce] USML - Rosters/FAAB update

Mark Blocker mbblocker at aol.com
Wed Mar 28 23:49:28 EDT 2012

League:

  Various items.

  1.  Based on the email traffic today, it looks like there is a consensus
to (a) count the Japan games, and (b) have both FAAB bidding and roster
adjustments occur for the first time this weekend.  I have adjusted all of
our league settings appropriately.

  2.  The league is usually not operational until rosters are "submitted" on
the system.  I have now submitted the rosters, so everyone should be able to
adjust their rosters accordingly (activate/reserve/change positions)
starting now.  Some owners noted in emails today that their roster moves
were "rejected" and that should not happen going forward.  As a reminder,
the deadline to submit any roster moves is noon central on each Sunday.

  3.  FAAB:  Some reminders about submitting FAAB moves.

                A.            Deadline:  The deadline to submit FAAB moves
is midnight on each Saturday night.  The FAAB system process moves and award
the players within an hour or two.  You should see the results by no later
than 5 am Sunday.

                B.            Adjustments:  If your FAAB bid is successful,
you have from 5 am to noon central time on Sunday to adjust your roster.
Please do not email adjustments to me unless you will be a on a remote
island without internet access (or similar exigent circumstances).

                C.            How do I do I enter FAAB bids?:  Please
re-familiarize yourself with the entry of FAAB moves well in advance of
Saturday midnight.  Dennis, please feel free to call me and I will walk you
through the process if you have any questions.

                D.            Contingencies:  As in years past, you can make
contingent bids, but you are responsible for setting up your bids
accordingly.

E.            Ties:  After this week, if two owners bid the same amount for
a free agent, the player is awarded to the team lower in the standings.
However, for this week only, ties will be broken by the system randomly, and
the system alone determines the winner (i.e., I have no input into the
randomization).

F.            Salary:  We determine the salary of an acquired player by
using "Ebay-style bidding," which means the salary is one unit more than the
second highest bid.  Curiously, onroto refers to this system as "Vickrey
bidding" (capitalization as shown), and is equipped to handle this system.

  4.  Note to Jeff W:  I have now paid for our league ($99), as I said I
would after the draft.  Along with the $10 I handed to you after the draft,
my league fee has now been paid in this fashion.

  Please let me know if you have any questions.  I will try to answer them
as rapidly as possible.