[USML Announce] Commentary

Mark Blocker blockermark at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 22:57:19 EDT 2012

Dennis et al:

  A blogger post I saw on ESPN in response to one of Peter King's one-sided
stories about how the NFL should just cave already on the referee
negotiations.  I could not have said it better:

Perhaps you see things differently, but I look at the "deal" these
part-time employees have, and I pretty easily conclude that they, through
their union, have priced themselves out of the market.  $100K per year for
working part time, part of the year?  Full benefits, all completely funded,
AND a fully-funded retirement program?  Where do you find that deal
anywhere, including jobs that are "life and death?"  An airline pilot, for
example, doesn't make near that much when you consider full time and year
'round, and if they screw up hundreds of people can die.  Perspective,
folks.  It's a game.