[USML Announce] Baseball memories

Andy Klein anrklein at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 12:26:36 EST 2013

My first baseball game was at Wrigley with a Deerfield Youth Baseball
Association outing -- I think it was 1970.  Don Kessinger was my favorite
player.  He lived in Northbrook (not far from the current Blocker abode) on
the same street as some close family friends.  So I got a cool autographed
photo of #11 back in the day.  I also was a big Fergie Jenkins fan.  I
think I shared my story of meeting him in Cooperstown a few years ago.

Jim ... I saw Kingman on the street once walking to Taste of Chicago when
it was held at Navy Pier.  I tried to say hello.  He never looked up and,
instead, spit about two inches from my foot.  Needless to say, I wasn't
much of a King Kong fan after that.

-Andy