[USML Announce] Notice of Hot Wax Seal

Jeffrey Winick jwinick at harriswinick.com
Thu Jun 20 18:51:32 EDT 2013

Hey Rich. I think you missed the point of Mark's email. It wasn't that you got too little.....quite the contrary.   That's certainly my opinion too.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 20, 2013, at 4:39 PM, "Richard Robbins" <rerobbins at itinker.net<mailto:rerobbins at itinker.net>> wrote:

Kerber, why so grumpy?

Dennis decided to take a flyer on Appel.

He got some salary lift to play with too.

You might not have noticed, but I've been running with three starting pitchers and the really good starters are either destined to be kept by their current owners either because they represent healthy undervalue or because they are productive members of contending rosters.  A few wins and some strikeouts will go a long way to making the Red-Hots red hotter.  Adding Kinsler to a roster that has included Keppinger and/or Izturis for long stretches seems like a good thing too.

Getting rid of three players who aren't going to do anything for me this year and picking up Kinsler and Porcello seems like a good thing for me.  If I have cap problems down the run I can always sit someone to make things work.

What do you think I was supposed to get for Appel at this point?  Who was going to offer more?

Bottom line, my team is stronger for doing the deal and I gave up nothing that would help me in this year's race.

If anyone out there says they would have offered more for what I gave up, let me know.  I still have Nick Franklin and Mike Zunino to offer.

Off to Lincoln Nebraska to see Joseph's team compete in this year's Formual SAE competition and I may take a spur of the moment trip to Boston to attend game six of the Stanley Cup Finals.

See ya. . . .

-- Rich