[USML Announce] Draft Day Reflections: Glad I...Wished I....Steal of The Draft....

springkerb at aol.com springkerb at aol.com
Tue Mar 19 10:57:09 EDT 2013

First, I've checked my roster and it's generally accurate.  However, the salary on Giavotella should be $3, rather than $8 (which will then bring my total active roster salary down to $260).

Glad I picked up some relatively cheap, young or injured guys for the future (Tex, Carter, Bourjos, Alburquerque, Feliz, Garcia, Donaldson, Giavotella).  If a few of them come through, they could pay nice long-term dividends.

Wish I had laid off on Santana and put the money into an equivalent value hitter.  I love CC, and I'll be trading him anyway, but I could have used that slot to pick up one of the cheap end game pitchers--which I also wish I had done.  I'm sure I could find a taker for a $30 hitter just as easily as I'll find a taker for CC.

Bargain of the draft?  You have to like those end game pitchers.  Also, if Lohse and/or Valverde land in the AL (and if Valverde gets a closer gig), they could be reserve gems.  Of course, it's a virtual lock that some cheap reserve guy or future FAAB guy is going to break out, and you never know where those guys will come from.  For what it's worth, I like Fister at $17 better than Dickey at $20.