[USML Announce] White Flag is Near

Andrew Klein anrklein at gmail.com
Mon May 6 07:30:41 EDT 2013

While the K9 normally would soldier on to Memorial Day before dumping,
this year looks particularly grim.  So ...

We bow our head in honor of the wounded
(Bourn/J.Johnson/Mastroianni/Cervelli/Roberts)

We acknowledge those who have underperformed even the most modest of
expectations (Drew/Morneau/Avila)

We salute Ryan Raburn for hitting .090 on my active roster but .750
while on my bench.

And we shake our head at the wonder who is Ubaldo Jiminez.  Perhaps a
mathematician can explain how someone with a 1.33 WHIP and almost a K/IP
can amass a 7.12 ERA.  I mean, is he allowing runners to score who
aren't even in the game?

In this environment, serious offers from contenders will be
entertained.  K9 ownership will consider it a bonus if those tendering
offers can explain how proposals will somehow screw over the Block's
Bombers, preferable over a multi-year period.

Sadly,