[USML Announce] Ask Brad

springkerb at aol.com springkerb at aol.com
Tue May 14 19:14:07 EDT 2013

Dear Brad:

I don't want to offend anybody, so I won't mention any names here.  I'm playing in a pretty competitive keeper league, and I'm in a rebuilding mode.  Of course, I've been selling off my impact players, and I've been pretty easy to deal with.  In fact, I've been so eager to leave this season behind that I haven't gotten full value for the guys I've moved.  So here's my issue.  One of the contenders in my league could take a big step forward by picking up a closer--he's even said as much publicly.  I've got none other than Jose Valverde on my roster--Papa Grande, biggest comeback story of the season, buck and a half ERA and a microscopic WHIP.  But the dude doesn't even call.  What can I do?  Have I pissed him off somehow?

Sincerely,

Chagrined in Chicago