[USML Announce] Multiple Topics!

Andy Klein anrklein at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 16:37:25 EDT 2016

All,

I've been on the run since draft day, so am writing with a collection of
comments on various topics.

First, draft day was *outstanding* as usual.  It was great to see everyone
(and to hear John and Dennis).  Thanks to Jeff for hosting and to Mark B.
for handling the logistics.

Second, on the Andrus issue, I completely agree with Mark B.  We had an
inadvertent error that could have happened to anyone.  My software also let
me slot Bogaerts at 2B, and it's worth noting that despite nine other
owners at the draft viewing various lists, magazines, and programs, no one
caught the mistake when it happened.  The solution seems appropriate
because it relates to the issue -- position eligibility for the two players
involved (Andrus and Bogaerts).  FWIW, I disagree with Mark K. about what
happens when one of the players changes hands.  Given that we all missed
the error -- and given that the idea is to mildly limit the players' values
-- I think for this season position eligibility should be limited to SS no
matter who owns them.  That said, I don't care enough to argue about it.
So if others agree with Kerber, that's fine by me.

Third, I want to confirm our normal rule that FAAB bidding starts the
weekend after games begin.  That allows 25-man rosters to be set ... and
gives us all plenty of time to figure out who is the new closer in Tampa.
 (Sorry about Boxberger, Rick.)

Looking forward to another great season -- not to mention good health for
all the old guys I drafted!