[USML Announce] USML 2004 - Let the Games Begin

SpringKerb at aol.com SpringKerb at aol.com
Sun Jan 18 00:07:17 EST 2004

In a message dated 1/17/2004 1:12:54 PM Central Standard Time,
JHWinick at aol.com writes:
On a far more important note, how about we get the hot stove going?

I have far more keepers than I can keep, so I'm open to anything.

However, while we've got everyone's attention, here's my preseason rankings:

1.  Berliners.  Soriano at 15, Blalock at 2, Crawford at 5, Halladay at
10--and Mariano at 27 just for good measure.  OK, Blalock's and Crawford's salaries
will go up a bit this year, but that's still just obscene.  I'm almost sure
Winick is violating some provision of the Constitution, but I haven't found it
yet.

2.  Nukes.  Deeper than the Berliners, but can't match the raw talent.

3.  Bombers.  Always ranked third preseason.  Usually finish around there.

4.  Klein Nine.   2003 Season Highlight:  Got Frank Catalanotto for Sire
Eugene Kingsale, even up, in the first week of the season.  Things pretty much
went downhill from there on.  2004 freeze list doesn't completely suck.

5.  Angry Young Men.  More balls than brains in 2003.  Still has some decent
keepers.

6.  Hoosier Daddies.  2004 freeze list also doesn't suck, despite aggressive
2003 campaign.

7.  Lake Michigan Calamari.  Fighting Squid moving up the foodchain

8.  Mighty Red Hots.  High price for title attempt.

9.  Flaming Brats.  Didn't commit in either direction in 2003 and ended up
nowhere.

10.  The New Guy.  Good luck.