[USML Announce] Republcans for Sale

SpringKerb at aol.com SpringKerb at aol.com
Wed Jun 9 21:37:04 EDT 2004

In a message dated 6/9/2004 7:59:39 PM Central Daylight Time,
rickgam at comcast.net writes:
Buddha;
      Since I'm a (gulp!) Federal employee I'll most likely be the only
member of the USML who actually will be given the day off to mourn Mr. Reagan.  In
that spirit, I fancy the Republicans Alexis and/or Jermaine.  In exchange for
either Rios or Dye, I'd send to you a solid $1 Year One starting pitcher for
the Southsiders named Scott Schoeneweis.  He's got a track record (and he's in
the process of setting some sort of MLB record in that in his six years of
major league service, his ERA has come down each consecutive year).  He's just
the right age (turns 30 this year).  And a la Esteban last year, he's learned
the cutter this year and has solid numbers, pitches in a weak division, and is
on a team which will win 85 - 95 games the next couple of years.  Enough
touting, it's your opinion of Mr. Schoeneweis that counts now.  I'm open to any
other suggestions.
      Thanks,
         Rick
Rick:

Glad to see you operating in the spirit of "transparency," in the current
lexicon.