[USML Announce] Non Roster Invitees

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at itinker.net
Mon Mar 8 12:52:48 EST 2004

Wow.

Your list seems to include a bunch of faded major leaguers and some highly touted prospects.  Why should the prospects be on the list?  While we all anticipate that Mauer will break camp on the big league team I'm not sure that the same can be said for Blanton, Reed, Craine etc.  While that can also be said about a bunch of prospects that are on the 40 man rosters, what purpose is served by tossing in even more highly touted players?  I'd be happier if we listed players who have lost MLB rookie status that are non-roster invitees and added Mauer, but left other prospects behind.

-- Rich