[USML Announce] Top 5 Reasons Winick Won't Even Beat Me....

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Mon Jun 20 00:44:13 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/19/2005 11:20:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
MBBlocker at aol.com writes:

Jeff:

  Now I am no Expert, but I believe the technical term for guys like  Joey
Gathright is "Monster Talent."  Its not like I am making my roto  purchases with
guys who were drafted, sat out a year, and never threw a  minor league pitch
before trade.  Gimme a break...

  -- Mark B.

In email speak FOFLOL or LMAO.  Monster Talent?  Well, if you  think that's
the technical term for Gathright, I can definitely agree with your  assessment
that you are no expert.  This is a slap hitter with a  pop gun arm.  He's the
#87 prospect on Baseball America's list.   Baseball HQ has him as the #4
prospect on Tampa Bay - that's right he's not even  one of the top three prospects
on Tampa freaking Bay.

By the way, Granderson is #57, two measly slots above John "Long Shot"
Danks.  And, of course, Danks' contract isn't running.

You turned these two guys along with Robinson Cano and Youkilis into  Tejada,
Mench, Cabrera and Sabathia.  And you want me to give you a  break?!?!  Hell
no, I'm standing up and applauding your audacity.  I  figure though that if
#87, #57, a guy who didn't make the top 100 and  Robinson Cano can net those
four guys, my team's about to get alot  better.