[USML Announce] Top 5 Reasons Winick Won't Even Beat Me....

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Mon Jun 20 01:22:55 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/19/2005 11:20:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
MBBlocker at aol.com writes:

Now I am  no Expert, but I believe the technical term for guys like Joey
Gathright is  "Monster Talent."

I can't help it.  I just checked John Sickles book to make sure he  doesn't
see something that I've missed.  He gives Gathright a  B-.  John "Long Shot"
Danks is a B+, for comparison's sake.

Here's what he has to say about Blocker's "moster talent":

"I think Gathright has a 30% chance of emerging as another Juan Pierre (as
good as you can be without having power), a 30% chance of being Tom Goodwin
(fast but not a good regular and only useful on the bench), a 30% chance of
being completely useless, and about a 10% chance of exceeding all  expectations."

I honestly hope that falls into the 40% chance of being a valuable
rotisserie player and that he avoids the 1/3 chance of being completely  worthless.
Doug deserves a break.

But holding this out as the paragon of a top notch prospect is just
nonsense.  Mark, you can do better.