[USML Announce] Teahen Suddenly a Force

springkerb at aol.com springkerb at aol.com
Fri Jul 28 14:46:40 EDT 2006

In response to the many questions I received from Jeff, Brad, John and Andy via voicemail, I thought I'd respond to the whole league, since I'm sure others have been asking themselves the same questions.

1.  Yes, I saw Ravitz's column today, pronouncing Mark Teahen to be "suddenly a force."
2.  Yes, of course I knew this was coming.
3.  No, I actually hadn't thought about Teahen moving to OF or 2B.  2B would certainly be nice from a roto perspective, and KC has no one there.
4.  No, neither Mark Teahen nor Mark Kerber harbors any ill will at those who doubted.
5.  Of course, I have regrets when I have to let go of a player like Teahen at a ridiculously low price, but that's what I had to do to contend.  Also, how else will Andy ever have a chance in this league?  It certainly won't happen as a result of his drafting skill.
6.  I don't care whether John can pry Teahen away from Andy after missing his chance to get him directly from me.  You guys work it out however you want.  But, John, if you want my advice, offer Andy someone rumored to be a future closer.  He's a sucker for those guys.
7.  No, none of you can borrow my crystal ball next year.