[USML Announce] DUMP

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Fri Jun 9 12:53:37 EDT 2006

Doug,

Here's the Blocker post:

Jeff:

Now I am no Expert, but I believe the technical term  for guys like  Joey
Gathright is "Monster Talent."  Its not like I  am making my roto  purchases
with
guys who were drafted, sat out a  year, and never threw a  minor league pitch
before trade.  Gimme a  break...

-- Mark B.

And it gets better.  Curtis Granderson (at the time, with a running  contract
and in the minor leagues), the Monster Talent, himself (still in the  minors
and flailing away) and Jorge Cantu (at the time, regarded as a middling
prospect) were exchanged for Tejada, Mench, Cabrera and Sabathia.

And this guy is pushing for legislation to stop dumping.  As I said  last
year - "Have you no shame, Mr. Blocker.  Have you no shame, at  all."

That is all.

Jeff Winick