[USML Announce] DUMP - Addenda to RipTorn Review

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Wed Jun 21 10:47:02 EDT 2006

It has been brought to my attention that I omitted mention of Jacoby
Ellsbury, the young speedster in the Red Sox system.

ELLSBURY is last years first round pick and touted to be the next Johnny
Damon.  That is likely wishful thinking, but he's having a very nice  campaign in
High A:  .335 batting average, 29 runs, 4 home runs, 26 rbi's  and 17 stolen
bases (with 7 caught stealing) and a steller .405 on base  percentage.  He's
very early in his development, but at $2 will be someone  to watch over the
next few years.  He is the quintessential magic bean and  likely won't be on Brad
Lee's roster for too much longer.

My apologies for the omission.  It doesn't have any bearing on the B+  rating
of Brad Lee's rebuilding efforts.

As an aside, there have any been questions raised about the DUMP evaluation
methodology.  The objective is to review the all-around rebuilding efforts  of
the clubs in question.  Therefore, DUMP will evaluate not only the  players
acquired in dump deals, but also those that were drafted or  retained.

That is all....

Jeffrey Winick
DUMP