[USML Announce] (no subject)

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Thu Mar 9 15:37:45 EST 2006

Brad Jansen asked that I post this to the league:

My dear friends--well, strike that one--hey, everybody!  It's me, Brad
Jansen.  Some of you know me as a former USML participant (co-owner of the
Riptorns), while some of you may have seen my mug shot on those damn websites  that
show "johns" busted for solicitation--OK, just kidding on that point, but  boys
I'm single again, so if you know of any fast, cheap and easy action (and,
Doug, c'mon you got the connections, help me out here), please keep me in mind.

Anyway, to those good gents who joined this fine group after my  tearful
departure a couple years back, please allow me to introduce myself: I'm  a single
father of three children, ages 14, 12 and 6.  I make my home in  probably the
cheapest piece of property in Deerfield, and am a managing attorney  in the
Labor section of the CTA's Law Department and an adjunct professor at  Roosevelt
University (not a real professor, like A. Klein).  I also  am, and I say this
with some degree of modesty, not a particularly good roto  player, certainly
not like the oft-published/quoted Jeffrey Winick

Sorry, got cut off...I had several more paras. that I lost but here's my
pitch:  when 1st inducted into the USML, I took over an old team with its
roster...I simply assumed, based on past precedent, that would be the case  again,
since this isn't an expansion...I later learned that a "vote" was taken  and,
obviously due to the conspiring Andy Klein, a decision was made that I  can't
assume the Cupholders' roster.

All I ask is that those who voted against that please reconsider...if we  can
import democracy and fairness to Iraq, we can do so here.  I'm not  gonna
proffer further argument or debate, I just wanted a chance for you guys to  hear
me out before you conclusively decide to screw me--even before the season
begins!!!

Please--reconsider and if at all possible, let me know the outcome by day's
end.  Sorry to trouble you about this, but wanted to weigh  in...