[USML Announce] Rules

SpringKerb at aol.com SpringKerb at aol.com
Thu Mar 30 18:47:24 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/30/2006 6:34:29 P.M. Central Standard Time,
anrklein at iupui.edu writes:

I just took a closer look at the rule and now better  understand Rich?s
point.  The way I read it, NON-ROY players are eligible  from Jeff's list.  But it
appears that ROY-eligible players are not ...  even if Jeff doesn't think that
makes sense!  In my opinion, we can  change the rule later if we so desire.
Of course, I'm not sure I can edit the list  appropriately.  But I think we
should follow the rule.   If  others disagree, that?s fine.  In fact, that?s
probably advantageous for  me.  But being the new nitty-gritty rules guy and
all, I want to follow  the letter of the law ...
-Andy

I agree with Andy, and I think strict construction has been our general
policy.  (Buddha, you gotta be down wit dat!)  I agree with Jeff that  it's a bit
perverse as applied to the Boone Logans of the world, who will likely  make
the opening day roster, but I've always liked a bit of perversion (or
preversion, to quote Doctor Strangelove).