[USML Announce] Jeffrey Goes To Grammar Class

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 12:15:24 EDT 2007

On 4/23/07, jhwinick at aol.com <jhwinick at aol.com> wrote:

> Its always darkest before the dawn. Typically its right about the time
> that Brad pronounces me dead and gone that things start turning around.

Jeffrey: Maybe your fingers were trembling at the thought of Philip Hughes,
Greatest Kid Pitcher of the 21st Century (King Felix has been dethroned now
that we won't see him again until March '08, if then. By the way, my good
friend Andy Klein wagers that Jeff Karstens will post better numbers than
Hughes this season, a topic you're better qualified to discuss than me).  In
any event the word "its" is a pronoun meaning that or those belonging to
it.  In the sentences above your use of that word is ungrammatic.  The
proper word choice is "it's," the contraction for "it is."   (Example: It's
amazing to me that the Nukes have made only one trade this year.)

Content: C-
Grammar: D

You can do better.

Regards,