[USML Announce] Serious Rule Change Proposal

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Wed Mar 28 13:48:34 EDT 2007

A couple of motions:

1.  I move to table Andy's motion.  This particular proposal has  the
potential to degenerate into a very contentious matter very quickly,  especially when
examples like the trade of an unnamed $40 player  (say.....Alex Rodriguez)
for an unnamed 19-year old minor leaguer  (say....Brandon Wood) is used as
justification.  If we're going to consider  what I believe to be an ill-advised
proposal like this, I would much rather do  it in the off-season, rather than run
the risk of diminishing the fun associated  with the immediately upcoming
season.

2.  I move to adopt, effective immediately, a rule that disallows dump
trades involving minor leaguers (roughly defined as players who have yet to lose
their ROY eligibility and have not yet been activated by their USML club) prior
 to June 1st (let's call this the Jim Barrett rule).  I have seen this rule
work effectively in a number of my other leagues and I don't believe it can
have  had any detrimental impact on any team's prior strategic decisions.

Jeff Winick