[USML Announce] It's this week's edition of "Ask Andy"

Andrew Klein anrklein at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 13:42:09 EDT 2011

If you don't stop bothering me, I'll never get the damn football pool
activated.  Nevertheless, answers are below.

That is all.

-Professor Klein

On 8/30/11 10:30 AM, Brad Jansen wrote:
> Dear Professor Klein:
>    I drafted Dayan Viciedo for one dollar. You know that, don't you?
> --Bewildered Brad

Andy Answers:  No.
> Dear Professor:
>    Are your reserve pitchers so bad that you don't bother to reserve
> Nick Blackburn singing in the dead of night?
> --Kerbs

Andy Answers:  Even singing in the dead of night, he beats the hell out
of than freakin' A.J. Burnett.
> Dear Professor:
>   My receivables are down because of the inordinate amount of time I'm
> spending to lay the ground work for my offseaon's trades (starting
> with that albatross Matusz).  Can I charge admission to next year's draft?
> --Jeff the Deposed King Winick

Andy Answers:  Yes, to everyone but Fruit.  Since Nuveen owns the
building, you have to pay him to attend.
> Dear Professor:
>   Should I buy that Tigers' Alburquerque tee shirt I've had my eyes on
> all year?
> --Mark Bombed Blocker

Andy Answers:  A real story, if not responsive.  Went to the
Indianapolis Indians game last week and a guy in front of me was wearing
a Jake Arietta jersey.  I was tempted to buy it off his back and send it
to Doug.
> Dear Professor:
>   Where am I?
> Doug "Bang My Conger Drum Slowly" Shabeleman

Andy Answers:  Still ahead of Winick.  Stay strong.
> Dear Professor:
>    When will Winick stop trying to trade me Matt Thornton?
> Jim I Can't Barrett

Andy Answers:  Stop complaining.  Just be glad you're not fielding calls
from Kerber peddling guys like Kevin Gregg and Julio Borbon.
> Dear Professor:
>     Buddha's gone this season and several Middle East dictators have
> fallen. Any correlation?
> Rick "Love my Tank" Gammons

Andy Answers:  Do you read Doonesbury?  Buddha is Uncle Duke, hanging
out in Tripoli.
> Dear Professor:
>    I'd like to send you an advance copy of the photojournal
> commemoration of my 20111 championship season. It's called /I, Red
> Hot/.  What's your address?
> Rich Red Hot Robbins

Andy Answers:  Thanks, Rich.  Please send all correspondence to Harris
Winick LLP, 333 W. Wacker, Chicago, IL.