[USML Announce] Baseball memories

Jim Barrett chicagojab at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 12:09:48 EST 2013

Between the HoF voting and Brad's Pete Rose story got me thinking of baseball past. Any of you want to share your favorite player growing up and first game attended?

For me, my first game was at Wrigley in '76 when I was 5 years old. I saw the Cubs lose to the Dodgers.

My favorite player as a kid was Dave Kingman. I'll always remember his 48 HRs in 1979.  By '84 I transitioned to Ryne Sandberg but I still followed also Kingman into his DH years in Oakland.

Jim
Sent from my iPhone