To Those Seeking Trades with Calamari

USML Forums Forums Brad Being Brad To Those Seeking Trades with Calamari

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Brad Jansen
      Participant

On 5/24/06, Jim Barrett <chicagojab@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hey,

I know that there are at least 3 of you who have made trade proposals to me in the last few days.  Tomorrow, I’m going to Boston for a wedding. Although I may be able to check email from time-to-time, I don’t think I will really have a chance to do the necessary due diligence (had to work in a legalism somewhere) to consider trade offers until after the Memorial Day weekend.  Sorry about that.

Note that none of you should take this message as any concession that I’ve given up for this year.  I haven’t made a decision on direction yet and hope still springs eternal along the banks of Lake Michigan.  And yes, as I type this Randy Johnson, the alleged ace of my staff, has given up a 2 run HR to Manny.  Oh well.

-Jim

Hey,

I know damn well there are at least 9 of you who have not made trade proposals to me in the last few days.  I am not going to any weddings tomorrow, I am not going anywhere this weekend and I certainly do not believe in engaging in so-called “due diligence” to consider trade offers, unless they’re from Mark Blocker. Sorry about that.

Note that none of you should take this message as any concession that I’ve given up this year.  I fully expect to trounce the Berliners and anyone else who dares stray in my path.  Hope springs eternal along the North Branch of the Chicago River, especially now that Kendry Morales has joined Jim Thome to form the best one-two punch in the history of the USML.   Winick, you’re in my sights. Duck and run, my man, or you’re gonna get hurt.

Brad

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.