Dukes Dukes It Out – Gets KOed

USML Forums Forums Not For Emily Dukes Dukes It Out – Gets KOed

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Jeff Winick
      Participant

This just in from the DUMP hotline:

One day prior to Tampa Bay announcing the return of Delmon Young from his suspension, they found an able bodied replacement for the suspended list.

As reported in Baseball America:

More bad news came down in Durham, as the Devil Rays suspended outfielder Elijah Dukes indefinitely and sent him home to Tampa after Dukes got into an altercation with teammate Ryan Knox in front of the elevator at the club?s hotel while they were on the road in Charlotte on Saturday night.

While the organization had little to say publicly about the incident, Dukes said he was told only to leave the team and added that the 6-foot-1, 184-pound Knox started the fight, and he said he would be cleared of any wrongdoing.

“I don’t know what’s going on right now,” he said. “I haven’t heard from
      anybody.”

This is the second time Dukes has been sent home this season, but the first time the Rays have announced a suspension for the 21-year-old outfielder.

More to follow……

Jeffrey Winick
      DUMP

Richard Robbins
      Keymaster

I told Brad that Elijah was too much of a hot head. (I still love the
      name though)

Brad Jansen
      Participant

Dear Jeff:

Thanks for the crime report. Poor lad probably needed some tough love on father’s day. Maybe a game, er sport of golf would have tamed the beast within. Anyway, the Riptorns stand behind this man who has a big heart, a boatload of talent and unusually quick fists. But with this sorry news, I am filing away my prospects portfolio until your newsletter/magazine gets published next spring (assuming, of course, you can raise enough funds from your family and your law firm’s credit line to get the thing to press). I don’t want to hear anymore about anyone’s “prospects” (especially yours, Andy, whoever you think they are) in any further trade proposals. The only good news is that at least I didn’t trade for the guy…

Brad The Bedraggled

Andy Klein
      Participant

Jeff-

This message sounds like it came from C.O.P.S. headquarters!

-Andy

Jeff Winick
      Participant

Andy,

And that is why a DUMP membership is the vastly superior option. We at DUMP pride ourselves on offering all the services a dude who uses minor league prospects requires. COPS underestimates the informational needs of an effective dumper/dumpee. A true minor league aficionado, like, for example, Rich Robbins, will use this information to retrieve his former prospect at a discount.

Gentlemen – we’re still accepting applications. Hurry on in before the charter membership discount period ends.

Jeff Winick
      DUMP

Richard Robbins
      Keymaster

No way. Jeff wants Elijah and is trying to diminish his significant DUMP market value.

Jeff Winick
      Participant

Andy,

What did I tell you? Try as he might, Rich can’t mask his NEED to reacquire a former Red Hot prospect, particularly one who was batting .290+ with a near .390 OBP before the fisticuffs.

That is all.

Jeffrey Winick
      DUMP

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.